Saturday, May 16, 2009

Photo Shoot at Smarty Pants

I took the kids to my friend Hazel's new second-hand clothing store, Smarty Pants, today. Mission: to see the store AND to get portraits made of me and the kids by Sarah B. Gilliam, photographer extraordinaire.

It was a crazy circus getting there - Sawyer cried nonstop for awhile while I was getting ready, and he continued despite Jerod's best efforts to calm him down ... those teeth! We're ready for them to come in and give us all a break! Tylenol helped, finally.

Then Parker said he did not want to be in pictures, did not want to wear a red shirt, did not want to wear jeans, etc. Ack. But we made it, and Sarah was just wonderful with the kids. Parker and Sawyer are not really the studio portrait types, so we headed to a little spot outside - just out the side door - which seemed to be more in their comfort zone. I saw a few of the pics on her camera, and I think there are some really good ones. It takes a real pro to work with active kids who are just busy doing their thing, and Sarah is all about catching the real moments - not the staged shots. I bought 20 shots on a CD for $50, which will be shipped to me in the mail soon.

If you're in the market for some awesome photos, check out Sarah's web site, www.sarahbgilliamphotography.blogspot.com.

And be sure to check out Hazel's store, too. It is so nice, and there are lots of great clothes at great prices. Parker found a cool dinosaur T-shirt for $3. Bargains all around!

I'll post pics as soon as I get them. I can't wait....

Thanks, Sarah!

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP