Sunday, April 4, 2010

Soaking Up Spring

Spring is my favorite time of year, and we've been basking in these perfect days. Here's a rundown of some stuff we've been up to:

Tee ball is in full swing. Here's my view Parker's tee-ball practice when Sawyer comes along..

Sometimes he'll stay in one place and watch the big kids.

The tree in front of our house is amazing for just a week or so at the very beginning of spring.


Sawyer and I visited Parker's school this week to help with the spring egg hunt. It was a gorgeous day.


Then we went into the class and hung out with the kids during the party. The big kids are all so great with Sawyer.

Random photo: We're making some progress with the vegetables. Sawyer will eat corn if it's on the cob.

We've spent a LOT of time just hanging in the backyard - blowing bubbles, sifting sand, lying in the grass.


Parker and I painted spring pictures Friday while Sawyer napped.


My sister Susie and her boyfriend Terry sent a big box of gifts as a surprise: new jammies for Parker, bristle blocks for Sawyer, a gorgeous apron for me and a lavender sachet that has my whole living room smelling like spring. My family rocks.

Today we dyed eggs with our neighbor friends, Ethan and Amanda.

Parker didn't need that little wire egg holder. His hands were much more convenient.

Sawyer spent the day running around barefoot in the grass. We'll be doing plenty more of that.

"If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall." ~Nadine Stair

3 comments:

Anonymous,  April 13, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

First of all, my sister's name is Suzy. Is that funny or what?

I remember well the days of Casey tagging along to all of Griffin's games and school activities. The big kids always loved when Casey came into the classroom and so did Griffin. Nowadays it's Casey's turn and Griffin is finding out what it's like to entertain himself while Casey has baseball practice. Sawyer will have his day soon!

Rebecca April 13, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

Becky,
That is too funny about your sister Suzy and my sister Susie! My family calls me Becky, but my friends call me Rebecca. Maybe it's similar with you? I'm not sure if I should call you Rebecca or Becky.

About the activities ... It will do Parker some good one of these days to tag along with Sawyer for a change! He's used to being the driving force. :)

Anonymous,  April 14, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

I grew up Becky and friends and family call me Becky but when I was working I was Rebecca and friends that are left over from work still call me Rebecca. I answer to and like both.

I want bigger pictures on my blog too and in fact I was just investigating when I clicked on over to your site.

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP