Thursday, April 29, 2010

Out and About in Nashville

A few weeks ago, my oldest sister, Patti, and my youngest niece, Leah, came to Nashville for a quick visit during Leah's spring break from college. We did stuff that I never do - mainly, shopping at a couple of relatively new spots in Nashville. First we relaxed at Casablanca Coffee, which is an ultra-hip spot in the Gulch. If you're visiting Nashville (or, like me, you live here and rarely travel beyond your own little enclave), you should really try to get over there. It's the first LEED-certified neighborhood in Nashville, and it's just a neat, walkable outdoor area with cool shops and restaurants. I rarely have a kid-free chance to get over there, so it was a treat to kick back with a bagel, coffee and some conversation before heading to Urban Outfitters. I learned that Leah is a strategic and systematic shopper; it was fascinating to watch her in action.
Then we headed over to the Hill Center in Green Hills, another cool, bustling outdoor shopping area. We spent some time in Anthropologie, a place that I love but stay away from for obvious reasons. Patti bought me a beautiful summer shirt that I can't wait to wear. (Thanks so much, Patti.)
We ate lunch outside at Provence Breads & Cafe and headed out to pick up Sawyer (his first day at mother's day out). We also played on a playground and attended Parker's kindergarten concert. It was such a treat to have family here for that milestone event.
Thanks, guys, for driving all the way here and spending your free time with us.





2 comments:

Anonymous,  May 5, 2010 at 6:11 AM  

I was so glad to see your comments on my blog! I was concerned about you and whether or not you were underwater! Hope all is well!

Rebecca May 5, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

Our neighborhood was flooded, but our home is OK, thankfully. We were without power for a couple days but are back online. I'll be posting about it soon. Thank you!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP