Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Marathon Weekend

It's been a marathon weekend for us, in more ways than one.

First, Parker ran in the Country Music Kids' Marathon Friday, which was so much fun. More than 4,000 kids took part, and he participated through his school. The kindergarten kids ran 1/2 mile. The idea is that the kids run or walk a total of 25 miles over two or three months on their own, and they run the final mile (or 1/2 mile) at the race, and they get to cross the actual marathon finish line. Very cool. Parker had a great time running with his friend Charlie, and the main thing (for me, at least) is that he learns to have fun through exercise. Jerod ran behind the boys so we wouldn't lose track of them.


On Saturday, I ran the Country Music Half Marathon (13.1 miles) with my friend/neighbor/running partner, Erin. We've been training for the past few months, and we made it through. You can read all the details (more than you ever wanted to know) by clicking here.




Also, our friends from our New Hampshire days (they live in Philly now) came down to take part in the half marathon, and we hung out with them throughout the weekend. More to come on that. They are such a great couple - so much fun - and I wish we could see them more often.

Today was a much-needed lazy, back-to-basics day filled with laundry, books, cartoons and hanging in the backyard.

DEEP BREATH.
EXHALE.

Thanks for checking in!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  April 26, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

You've probably told me before though it would be a long time ago but where in NH did you live? I was born in NH and my parents and sister live there.

Rebecca April 26, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

We lived in West Lebanon (Hanover area)near Dartmouth. My husband earned his Ph.D. from Dartmouth, and we were there for five years before moving to Nashville. It was such an awesome place - we loved it and really miss the Northeast (except not the long winters). I didn't know that about you! I miss that area and the people. Where does your family live?

Anonymous,  April 27, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

My parents live in Laconia, on Lake Winnipesaukee, and my sister lives in Bow. I was born in NH and lived there until age 11 when we moved to VT. I went to college in Plymouth, NH.

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP