Saturday, July 24, 2010

Arkansas Vacation, Part I

While J was at a work conference back in June, the kids and I took a little trip to Arkansas to visit my parents and my oldest sister and her husband. It was a laid-back, no-rushing kind of trip, which was so nice.


At mom and dad's house we did some swimming, some reading - and the kids always love the impromptu dance-fests when my dad breaks out the guitar.





Then we headed to Mark and Patti's house. Here they are ...


And here is the amazing, peace-inducing view from their lake-front home ...


We did some boating, tubing and swimming in the lake. Seriously, it's hard to beat riding a boat to dinner on a summer afternoon.

Can I please have a body like this when I'm in my 50s??

Sawyer and Abby, a sweet golden lab ...

Me and Sawyer (and my fresh-squeezed grapefuit and vodka drink. Ahhhh... )

Patti and Parker on the Sea Doo ...

That's me and Parker tubing - bumpy fun! ...

We had a fabulous time and, like always, just wish we lived closer to our family. We're looking forward to the next visit.

Next up - Arkansas Vacation, Part II: Pics from our last Arkansas trip, when Parker got a brand-new skateboard and learned from a real-live skateboarding teenager.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 24, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

Wow, that lake looks lovely! One of my dreams is to live on the water. How can you ever be depressed with a view like that?

Rebecca July 26, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

I know - it is lovely!! It is such a peaceful place.

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP