Sunday, June 13, 2010

Parker's Party

Hello, neglected blog! I have a lot of catching up to do - so much that I can't do it all in one post. So here's installment one of the catchup...

Parker's 6th birthday! We had a blast at Hillwood Strike & Spare, where the kids bowled, rode bumper cars and played laser tag, followed by pizza and cake. This place is such a great spot for a birthday party, especially for active little boys. Parker asked me to make the cake (which I love to do), so I did - and spent about three hours trying to make Scooby Doo out of icing. I didn't learn about fondant until later. Ah well, I think it turned out OK. And the kids loved it, which is the most important thing. (Parker helped by adding the green gel dots and "spooky eyes.")

Our 6-year-old chose to wear a white dress shirt, khaki pants and his dad's tie to his party. He said he wanted to look "snappy" (!). I tried to talk him out of it, but he was firm - and so excited. He didn't care one bit that the other kids were wearing shorts and T-shirts - and the other kids didn't care, either. Parker felt special, and we (the grownups) all thought it was adorable. Now it's my favorite memory of the day.

I hope he always keeps his individual, free and confident spirit. It's one of the many things I love and admire about him.






One of the quirky things about this bowling alley is the creepy singing animals - probably bought off eBay from a Showbiz Pizza. They inspired impromptu dances to "Rocky Top" and "Friends in Low Places." Hilarious.

It was a great party and a really fun and silly group of kids. Six years old. I can't quite believe it.

We continued the party in Arkansas when we went to visit J's mom. More to come - stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  June 13, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

Happy 6th birthday, Parker! I love the cake! You did a great job. I remember when Griffin went through a Scooby Doo phase. It will be interesting to see if Sawyer does too, the younger ones are so influenced by the older that Casey skipped right over The Wiggles, Clifford and Scooby Doo. It's a little sad, actually.

My kids would go crazy over those bumper cars. I've never seen anything like them.

Rebecca June 14, 2010 at 12:46 AM  

Thanks, Becky! Those bumper cars are really fun. So is laser tag. :) Yes, Sawyer has skipped some little stuff already. His favorite now is Scooby Doo, but I can't let him watch it very often or he wakes up at night. I think it might be too scary for him, but he loves it and asks for it.

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP