Monday, April 6, 2009

Arkansas Visit ... Abbreviated

Last Wednesday, I decided on a whim that we needed to visit my parents in Arkansas. So I loaded up the kids the next day and made the 4-1/2-hour trip to Jonesboro, Ark. (J stayed behind to work and bask in bachelordom.) We had such a nice time just doing nothing in particular.  I had planned to come back Saturday afternoon, but Sawyer ran a fever Friday night and threw up three times early Saturday morning. So I really needed to get on the road as soon as I could get everything together - and before Parker or I became sick. 
At least we had one full day to visit, and it was worth the drive. 

All in one day we blew lots of bubbles, played guitar and mandolin, learned about Grandpa's tools, played Go Fish and Memory with Grandma, drew pictures with Grandpa, built Lincoln Log houses with Grandma.
It's just so great to go to Mom and Dad's house, where there's always that sense of coming home. Always a good home-cooked meal, a bottomless jug of iced tea, down time, and lots of love.

P.S. The ride home was l-o-n-g, but we made it. And one else has come down with anything ... yet. 

P.S.S. Aunt DeLoris - I'm so sorry we missed seeing you! I may be coming to Hardy this summer for a class reunion (20 years - yikes!). If so, I will see you then for sure.














1 comments:

Tough mama April 7, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

What an incredible picture in your heading. "That is so Nasvhille, for sure." I miss you! I am so glad you left a note on my blog!

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP