Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Never Forget Your Summertimes, My Dears

Parker and I are reading Stuart Little at bedtime, and tonight I came across a passage that sums up how I'm feeling these days.

"Summertime is important. It's like a shaft of sunlight," replied Stuart, quietly.
"Or a note in music," said Elizabeth Acheson.
"Or the way the back of a baby's neck smells if its mother keeps it tidy," said Marilyn Roberts.
Stuart sighed.
"Never forget your summertimes, my dears," he said.







Parker starts kindergarten in two weeks. I'm holding on to the summertime.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 29, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

great shots, Rebecca- and that banner pic is PRICELESS and my absolute favorite out of the bunch. Looks like a wonderful time. :)

Tough mama July 29, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

We loved Stuart Little, here, too.

Followers

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP